ANFS DASHAIN NIGHT 2019,CANBERRA
Australia Nepal Friendship Society (ANFS) organizing this year’s Dashain Night 2019 along with support from Canberra Nepalese Football Club (CNFC), Canberra Nepalese Cricket Team (CNCC), Canberra Nepalese Volleyball Club (CNVC), and Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA – ACT/Queanbeyan).
This year’s event will showcase local talents and many more. There will be a 3-course meal and beverage to relish the evening in the festive mood. This event has been one of the most awaited events in the calendar year for Nepalese community residing in the Canberra and Queanbeyan region with participation from the diverse sector including local permanent residents, professionals from various streams, domestic and international students, and visitors from Nepal. Dignitaries from the Embassy of Nepal, local government and other organizations are also expected to attend.
Canberra Orientation & Information Workshop 2019
TEEJ Celebration NIGHT, CANBERRA
ANFS and CNFC with support from CNCC, CNVC and NRNA are jointly organising Teej program on 24rd of August 2019.
ANFS DASHAIN NITE IN CANBERRA
10% of the ticket sale of our Dashain Nite event will go to drought affected Australian Farmers.
Dashain festival is knocking on our door, and we all know the importance of Dashain festival. Hence, ANFS is going to organise a Dashain nite event on 6 October 2018 on Saturday in Albert Hall 100 Commonwealth Ave, Yarralumla ACT 2601, where you will get a three-course meal along with a performance from local artists and DJ.
Please transfer your money in our nominated account mentioning your name (space) Dashain in reference.
Account Name: ANFS
Account Number: 00901441
The ticket price for our member is $25 and $30 for non-members. It is a free event for the kids who are under 5 years of age, and $15 for kids who are between 5 years to 12 years.
Please note this time we won’t be selling tickets at door.
Please book your ticket as soon as possible. This will help us to manage the program in an effective way
For any query and tickets, please contact:
- Jeevan Rana 0416 073 084
- Shova Dhakal 0431327747
- Ram Prasad Acharya 0430111791
- Khusbu Neupane 0413065517
- Binod Ghimire 0411801043
- Krishna Subedi 0449979855
- Samir Ahikari 0431031885
- Yubaraj Poudel 0403079343
- Ashish Devkota 0404407735
- Prabin Pathak 0420280778
Date: Saturday 6 October 2018
Time : 5 -10 PM
Venue: Albert Hall, 100 Commonwealth Ave, Yarralumla ACT 2601 (Scan QR Code for driving directions)
ANFS Welcomes New Ambassador
The ANFS were delighted to hold a Welcome BBQ party in Canberra for the Ambassador of Nepal to Australia, Her Excellency Ms Lucky Sherpa.
The Welcome program was performed by ANFS President Mr Jeevan Rana, followed by the welcome speech from many seniors and respected person from Canberra and the Quenbeyan area.
The event concluded with an official group photograph and refreshments. A sincere thank you to everyone for making the Welcome Session for Her Excellency Ms Lucky Sherpa so successful.
Below is the message from the ANFS President to everyone involved:
May I take this opportunity to thank all the members of ANFS, CNFC and NRNA ACT and Queanbeyan to make the event of welcoming our New Ambassador Her Excellency Lucky Sherpa Jiu a successful one. Without your help and support it wouldn’t have been possible. Thank you Her Excellency for gracing the occasion with your presence and sharing your views for future plans. Thank you all who helped in preparing and cooking mouth watering barbecue for all of us. Thank you all other members for attending the event in a large number despite of such a cold weather. Thank you all the founder of ANFS for attending the event. I look forward to your help and support in future programs.
Australia Nepal Friendship Society ( ANFS) Australia.
Date: 1st July 2017
Venue: Acton park, ACT
1.Updates on Nepal Earthquake Relief Activities
12 June 2015
Please click here to view Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Canberra and Queanbeyan Bulletin June 2015.
Please click here to view where in Nepal our help from Canberra fundraising have gone to/are going to.
On 25 April, a magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck central Nepal, killing over 8500 people so far, and injuring thousands more. For more information on this tragic event please click here. At this difficult testing time, we are trying to raise the much needed fund to help recover those people lives who have nothing but fears for their present and future . Together we can rebuild the entire affected communities and a Nepal as whole by contributing whatever we can. If you would like to make some monetary donation, please visit our Fund raising page. If you are interested in volunteering for this good cause, please contact our Nepal Quake Relief coordination committee. ANFS as a not for profit organisation is dedicated to host and participate on various events to support this humanely cause. Some of our upcoming events are as follows:
Invitation to a ‘thank-you’, update and consultation meeting:
Dear donors, supporters, volunteers and community members:
The Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Canberra cordially invites you to a community-wide meeting.
When: Saturday 13 June, 10am – 12pm
Venue: Function Room, Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre, 180 London Circuit. Canberra City.
-> Thanks giving
-> Update about earthquake relief activities
-> Consultation on future donation drive and support for rebuilding
Light refreshment will be provided.
RSVP is appreciated by Thursday 11 June via http://doodle.com/dxcxrxd65srzwue3, email email@example.com or SMS 0422 3426 55 (Krishna Hamal), 0401 890 495 (Punam Panta) 0423 962 825 (Binod Nepal)
We are grateful to you for your kindness. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and hope for your continued commitment towards helping the families and children devastated by the 2015 earthquake.
Look forward to seeing you.
Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Canberra team*
*Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Canberra is a joint initiative of Australia-Nepal Friendship Society Inc (www.anfscanberra.org.au), Non-Resident Nepali Association (www.nrn.org.au) ACT, Canberra Nepalese Football Club (CNFC), ANU Nepali Student Association (ANUNeSA) and volunteers in Canberra and Queanbeyan regions.
Past and Continuing Events:
- Meeting: Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Committee Canberra and Queanbeyan Region committee meeting was held on 28 May 2015 at Fellows Bar, ANU. To download the minutes of the meeting, please click here.
- Awareness campaign: Banner displayed and signature collected for the “Canberra Support and Pray for Nepal” campaign on various ACT public libraries. Dates were as follows:
- —> Civic Library – 25- 27 May (Mon – Wed)
- —> Tuggeranong Library – 28-30 May (Thu – Sat)
- —> Gungahlin Library – 1-3 June (Mon – Wed)
- —> Belconnen Library- 4-6 June (Thu – Sat)
- Fundraiser: Canberra Malayalees Association organised an event called “Kalasangamam” on 30 May 2015 at Erindale Viking Auditorium, Erindale from 5:00 pm. Profits from snacks sale and donation box went to Nepalese Embassy Relief fund.
- Workshop: NRNs organised a workshop: “Skill and Knowledge Transfer by NRNs in Rebuilding Nepal” on 31 May 2015 from 9:30am~5:00 pm, at 27 Mulley Street, Holder ACT.
- Fundraiser: Organisers of “Bollywood Musical Dhamal”, Merichi College, Braddon, Canberra donated up to $10 per ticket for Nepal’s earthquake relief from every ticket sold by Nepalese community. Event was held on 31 May 2015 from 6:30 pm.
- Fundraiser: Canberra Bangladeshi Community organised a charity musical show “A Question for a Thousand Souls” by legendary Bangladeshi singer Subir Nandi, in support for Nepal Earthquake Victims, at St John’s Church, Reid, ACT on 31 May 2015 at 5:30 pm.
- Fundraiser: “Open Garden” (10am–12:30 pm) and “Garden Concert” (1pm–3:30 pm) at Terroux, 88 Rochford Road, Hall were organised on 31 May 2015. Proceeds went to Red Cross. Performances by Nepalese artists were the attractions.
- Fundraiser: India Australia Association of Canberra organised a charity “Ghazal Nite” on 7 June 2015 from 6:00 pm to fund raise for Nepal at the Theo Notaras multicultural centre.
- Hindu Temple & Cultural Centre (HTCC) organised a Bhajan Sandhya lead by Shri Pankaj Das at HTCC Temple Florey, ACT on Saturday 16 May 2015 from 6:30 PM.
- Hyatt Hotel Canberra organised a high tea at the hotel on Sunday 17th May from 12.30pm-2.30pm.
- On 17th May at 4.30pm India Australia association organised health workshop at Labor club Chandler Street Belconnen.
- An Information sharing session took place at Rotary Club Kaleen, 18th may 6’30 pm.
- Candle Light Vigil successfully held at Garema Place, Canberra on Friday 1st May. Thank you @GETUP! for sponsoring all the candles and cups. Thanks GreyHound for transferring it to Canberra. Thanks Ross Cartlidge for helping with logistics
- Community Get Together held on Saturday 2nd May over simple BBQ with a good turnout. It was especially good to see our life time members attend and share.
- We were able to transfer 50kg of medical supplies through Australian Himalayan Foundation to Remote area of Nepal. Words from the ground was “That was really good quality stuff they sent”.
- Community member Suni Pandey Karki was able to take sleeping bags and blankets to Nepal and give to FNCCI. That was taken across to Gurkha straight away. Word from the ground was “That was really good sleeping bags from there!” Thanks Rabindra Pradhan for helping to make it smooth.
- 100 Tents have been delivered to Dhading area. 400 more being picked up tomorrow for delivery. Soodeep Chhetri our community member from Canberra is trying coordinate on the ground.
- 65 Tents 65 Blankets to the most affected families is being delivered right now (as I type this) to ward number 5 VDC of Panchkhal, Kavre where 80% of houses are destroyed. Suni Karki is coordinating that on the ground.
- We have collected quite a lot of medication which will be relevant on the ground, tents, sleeping bags and blankets (quite a few of them brand new) as well as clothes which we are coordinating to send to Nepal as soon as embargo on cargo opens.
- We have made good contacts with medical groups, pharmacies and other health related institutes that have donated medication needed on the ground. We are working closely with a team of Nepali doctors who are going from here on volunteer basis.
- We are actively going out engaging with businesses to raise awareness and raise fund.
- Nepali students at the University of Canberra (UC), with support from UC officials, organised a Candleligth Vigil on 5 May. Good turnout of UC students, community members and ANU students. Thanks to UC for the support and care provided to Nepali students at this difficult time. UC has 99 Nepali students. It has set up a welfare fund to support Nepali students affected by the earthquake.
2. ANFS Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2015:
Dear All Valued Members,
Australia Nepal Friendship Society Inc (ANFS) Annual General Meeting (AGM) is being held as follows:
Date and time: 2pm – 5pm Saturday, 16 May 2015
Venue: Western Creek Scout Hall, Dillon Close, Weston Creek
Agendas for the AGM meetings:
- Formal AGM announcement and welcome speech from the President
- Annual Activity report from the Secretary
- Annual activity report – general
- Nepal earthquake relief effort
- Special discussion related to earthquake emergency: endorsement of donation
collection, endorsement of Nepal Earthquake Relief Coordination Committee, and
restructuring of the Coordination Committee if deemed necessary
- Financial report from the Treasurer
- Dissolve of the Executive Committee
- Briefing by the Election Commissioner
- Election for the Executive Committee (if required)
- Declaration of new Executive Committee by the Election Commissioner
- Speech by the newly elected President and Committee Members
- Closing of the annual general meeting
Light refreshment will be provided on the day. Please bring finger foods to share.